Earn the chance to share your enthusiasm and passion for the Mifflin County Youth Fair and participate in the Pennsylvania Fair Queen Scholarship Program.
Applications packets are available at the Mifflin County Extension Office.
- Be a female who is a U.S. citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania.
- Be at least age 16, but no older than 20, years of age as of June 1 the year entering the local contest.
- Be certified as the winner by the local fair where she was crowned.
- Have not been a former local Fair Queen winner, nor a former PA Fair Queen contestant.
- Not hold any other State title for any other commodity group or pageant during her reign.
- Have her parent(s)' or guardian(s)' consent to enter the competition.
- Be single, have never been married, have not been pregnant, nor given birth to a child.
- Act in accordance with the PA Fair Queen "Behavior Policy*."
- Meet all time commitments, Queen Obligations, and "Dress Code*" as set forth by the local fair pageant committee and PA Fair Queen Program.
*Behavior Policy and Dress Code available upon request from Mifflin County Extension Office.
AREAS OF COMPETITION
- Completed Application and Advisor Recommendation Form.
- Written Essay - included with application, Topic: "What My Fair Means To My Community" 300 words or less.
- Personal Interview - to be conducted day-of the competition. Individual interview times and preparation materials will be given at a later date.
- Speech Presentation - to be conducted day-of the competition, Topic: "Why You Should Come To My Fair" (3-5 minutes; timed) Persuasive speech appropriate for an audience of adults. Props that enhance the speech are permitted, but not required. Judging criteria will be effectiveness of the speech, not "entertainment." No overhead projectors or PowerPoint presentations are allowed.
- Evening gown/Introduction - each contestant will make a personal introduction to the panel of three judges and audience, similar to that which a Fair Queen would give when visiting a Fair or other community event. Contestants will have 15 seconds each to make their introduction. Contestants should be dressed in an age-appropriate floor-length evening gown in accordance with PA Fair Queen Dress Code.
Applications due to Mifflin County Extension Office by JULY 22, 2018! Contest to be held August 4, 2018 at the Youth Park.